Guidelines for Submitting Your Proposal
- Proposal Submission. All proposals must be submitted through the online proposal system. (Sorry, no exceptions.) The main presenter and each co-presenter must have an account on the NMC website in order to complete the proposal. Presenters who do not yet have an account should go to http://www.nmc.org/user/register and create an account before starting the proposal submission process.
- Session Title. If your proposal is accepted, the title of the presentation will affect whether or not people elect to attend. Please choose a title that accurately describes your presentation. Use no more than eight words. NMC standardizes on, as an example, 'The Use of Title Case for Session Titles' -- please capitalize major words.
- Session Description. The proposal description should be one succinct paragraph containing no more than 100 words. The standard NMC format avoids the use of first person pronouns ("I will..." "We talk about..."), referring instead to "the presenters" or "this session." Be as specific as you can about what people in the audience will experience, do, or learn. This is the paragraph that will be used in the printed conference program. You can add additional detail in the session plan and format of the submission form.
- Additional suggestions. When writing your proposal, keep these points in mind:
- The description should be concise, accurate, self-contained and coherent;
- Use a clear and direct style with an active voice;
- Include a statement on how you plan to engage the audience;
- Describe who will benefit from attending this session;
- Include a clear statement of what attendees will learn; and
- Write so that conference reviewers and attendees will become instantly engaged in your presentation, knowing it will be valuable, interesting, relevant and unique. (All in 100 words!)
- Make sure to include attachments and links for your presentation, if any, when you submit the proposal.
- The Call for Proposals will open on December 15, 2011.
- The Call for Proposals will close on January 31, 2012.
- Conference registration will open in early April 2012.
If your proposal is accepted:
- You will be notified by early March 2012.
- Each presenter will need to register and pay appropriate registration and travel fees to attend the conference.
- Each presenter must agree to present on the day assigned, unless other arrangements are made in advance.
- All handouts and materials for your presentation must be attached to your proposal submission prior to the conference (NMC does not print materials; this is to make your materials available electronically during and after the conference).
- Each presenter must respond promptly to all speaker requests sent out by NMC staff.
Submit your proposal now.
If you have any questions please contact Nancy Reeves at 512-445-4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.